Monday, October 5, 2009

House Projects...

We just bought a house & while it was in good condition structurally, there is a LOT of cosmetic work that we want to do...mostly a LOT of painting!!!!!

We have been working away for 2 weeks & hope to have all the painting done this week, so that we can install carpet. Here are some pictures of our progress so far!

BEFORE SHOT OF FAMILY ROOM, LOOKING INTO PLAYROOM

The lighting isn't great, but here you are in our new "sandcastle" painted panelled walls, with white trim, looking into our Pale Yellow-"Popcorn Ball" playroom. We have decided to leave the doors off, creating an open entrance between the 2 rooms...

The previous owners obviously liked blue...A LOT & as we have painted over each room, I was feeling a little bit guilty for painting over all of their hard work. I decided to honor them with ONE BLUE ROOM. This is a peak into what will soon be Ryler's nursery...I didn't say I was keeping it their color of blue...
but it will be blue...

...Light Blue!


There was wood trim throughout the ENTIRE HOUSE. All the baseboards, all the trim around the windows, all the doors...EVERYTHING was brown!


NOW...all that trim & all those doors are WHITE & it looks so much better!





Last but not least...
I have been TRYING to decide on a color scheme for my kitchen...

My current kitchen has tan walls with black cabinets & a black table & red accents
I really like it, but I want to do something different when we move.
I have thought about every color I can think of and I THINK (still may change my mind tomorrow) I have decided to incorporate GREEN.

I have been collecting ideas for different rooms in my house & I noticed how many of the kitchen ones that I have saved had GREEN in them, so I think I will be very happy with it!






Now...I need YOUR OPINION...

{Keep in mind that my kitchen table is BLACK
}

Do we paint the cabinets white, black or green?
&
Do we paint the walls white, green, tan or another color?

Please help me decide!!!

2 comments :

Jen Beals said...

black cabinets green walls, that's what i would do

The Atomic Mom said...

In my next house, I am going to do my kitchen in tangerine orange and lime green. I just love those colors.