Saturday, March 20, 2010

Block Party...

A couple of friends decided to get together for a Block Party...

No, not the kind with your neighbors-

The kind that involves actual Blocks of Wood!

We didn't buy a THING for this night, we all just brought our scrapbook paper, embellishments, wood blocks(couple girls had these from previous projects), mod podge, paint,etc & picked and chose from each other's stashes!

Nobody knew exactly WHAT they were making when we arrived, we all just found papers we liked & did our own projects & cut vinyl on a cricut! They all turned out so cute, I thought I would share...

One of my favorites-My friend did this cute simple ONE block project!
Adorable St. Pat's decoration with the cutest wooden "U"!


Check out these doubled sided blocks...

SPRING on one side...

LUCKY on the other...

I LOVE the colors she chose for SPRING...

and on the other side...adorable XOXO blocks!

Side One-LUCKY

Side Two: Spring

Adorable "I am a Child of God" blocks with a center block for her daughter's Picture!

Another set of XOXO blocks...


and I stole the cute I am a Child of God idea for the other side...
It was so much fun! We all agreed we need to do mini craft nights more often!

What have you made from a block of wood???

Please share!

4 comments :

Melissa said...

That is super cute! I have tons of wood that I need to cut. This looked like it was super fun!

Debbie said...

How creative, I love the play on words (block party) :) Looks like you guys had a ton of fun. Very CUTE!!!

Macey said...

Very cute, and I love the Spring decor!

Jen said...

Sounds like a great craft night! I like how you all had similar themes, but they all look so different.