Thursday, March 11, 2010

Clam's Nest Necklace

Yesterday I saw this necklace HERE

I fell in love with it.
I don't know what it was about it, but I wanted one.
I decided to see what I could do with what I had(even though I have NEVER made a piece of jewelry before)...

I found a chain that had a star charm on it, so I took it off.
Found some wire...twisted it around a bunch.
Grabbed 3 pearls from a broken necklace in a stash of beads I got when my Grandma passed away.

And made myself one...

I don't love it as much as Geek Details. I LOVE the way she twisted hers & my pearls are very plastic looking(cuz they are)
BUT I still like it & can't wait to wear it:)

Thanks Brianne!


Post Edit:
Don't know how I missed this YouTube tutorial they posted on it, but I did & it would have been helpful! I just wrapped mine in circles a bunch of times & then hot glued the beads in the center. If you take a shot at this, watch the tutorial 1st for sure!

1 comment :

Kendra said...

That's really cute. You did awesome!