Thursday, May 27, 2010

Necklace Display

Thanks Linda for the opportunity to post during your 
Reader's Tutorial Week!
I am flattered!



Here's a peak at the tutorial Linda featured today...


I went to Goodwill lastweek & saw this...
I think people use these as Coat Racks???
I decided it would be a perfect contraption to hang my jewelry from.
Besides, I was tired of the piles of jewelry, sitting on my dresser & this was only 99cents!


I had these "Fashion Paper Clips" already. I found them at Walmart for $1.50 & I thought at the time, they would be cute to embellish the center of hair flower clips & a LOT cheaper than buying 10 individual Buttons

I gave the doo-hopper (Anyone know what it is really called??) a coat of black paint & then hot glued on the "Fashion Paperclips"...well just the "fashion" part of the paperclips...
(The paperclips easily popped out!)

As luck would have it, there were 10 knobs & the pack came with 10 paperclips!

They are really pretty black & white damask pattern...

And now my necklaces are OFF OF MY DRESSER & this piece is FUNCTIONAL
and
a great DECOR PIECE in my bedroom!

I saw SEVERAL of these at Good Will, so I think it would be an easy item for you to find!
It would also make a cute Coat Rack, Key Holder, Hat Rack, Tie Holder or Apron Hanger!
If I had a little girl, I'd paint one PINK & hang all of her adorable headbands on it!
...Someday :)


Photobucket

7 comments :

Unknown said...

Great use of one of these things! The necklaces look nice hung this way. Link up your clock tomorrow morning (or very late tonight) and put the end date too. It is only open for one day!

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

great job! I have one of those in my inventory... bought it for my daughter to use for her scarves, but she found something else to use.
this is a great repurpose!
gail
ps thanks for the very kind words about my faux clock!

Mango Mom said...

Love this Idea! I've been looking for ideas to make my mom something like this for mothers day, thanks for sharing.

Crafts and Deals said...

What a great idea!!

Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden said...

I love what you did with that! I've seen those in thrift stores before and never knew what to do with them. It looks brand new with that sleek coat of paint and the cool paperclip thingies you added!

Thanks for linking up to Make it Yours Day! Have a great weekend!

Stacie said...

I LoVe this idea!! WHo would have thought! Thanks so much for linking up on my I {heart} Mom link!! :)

Lindsay @ Apothecary Home said...

I guess great minds think alike! :) It's funny that neither of us actually know what it's called or really used for! I love that you put the embellishments on the ends of yours, so cute! Thanks for stopping by, I'm excited to take a look around your blog!