Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Beadboard Bunny

If you read my blog very often, 
you know I'm in love with Beadboard!
I decided I needed an
EASTER-Y BEADBOARD DECORATION, 
so I went to work...
with my 4 year old helper;)

I started with an old piece of wood & painted it HOT PINK. I love the grain in this wood.
Then I painted a light coat of WHITE over the top...
Then I made up some SIMPLE patterns from cardboard to trace on my beadboard--- 
I wanted STRAIGHT EDGED eggs & a bunny & they took me about 1 minute to cut out...
Straight Edges make cutting it REALLY EASY & I'm LAZY...plus I think it is fun & different!
I cut them out with my jigsaw & then went to town painting them with some fun SPRING COLORS...
I didn't spend much time on painting them, since I knew I didn't want them perfect looking.
Then I took them outside for SOME DISTRESSING...
I sanded everything down, giving it a weathered look & used wood glue to attach my beadboard shapes to my wood...
I am not in LOVE with this project, but it took me less than an hour, start to finish & I think I will nail it to a wood post & stick it in my front yard.

*For a fun variation, I think I will make some more "BEADBOARD EGGS" & make sure the lines are horizontal and then cut CUTE strips of Scrapbook paper to mod podge on to each section so I don't even have to paint any designs on them! I will post what I'm talking about if I attempt them!

2 comments :

Malinda Q said...

I think it's cute!
I have a question? Is a jigsaw the only type of saw you use? I'm thinking about getting a saw for simple wood projects like this. I don't want to spend a fortune, and I'm not quite sure what to get! Any suggestions would be helpful!

Kendra said...

I would love to see some mod-podged beadboard eggs! They sound really cute.