Monday, March 19, 2012

The Most Important Work

I made this sign for a friend recently...and ALMOST kept it for myself, because it fit just right on this wall in my kitchen;) I love this quote she chose and I have put together a little tutorial for you below!
I grabbed a piece of wood and cut it to the right size for the space I needed...
and painted it black...
Using my Cricut software, I cut vinyl and used the vinyl as a "stencil" and painted on the cream paint...
Then I pulled off the red vinyl and was left with a "hand painted" sign in the font of my choice...
I loved how the vinyl actually pulled up some of the black paint, distressing it without even sanding it...
After pulling the vinyl off the wood, this is what I was left with...
And then I took it outside for a sanding and ended up with this...
Hanging up in my kitchen, wishing it was mine;)