Monday, September 14, 2009

Ceiling Tile Clock

I'm participating in Creative Cats Tuesday at Poppies at Play!



I LOVE seeing what people can do with the popular " vintage ceiling tiles"...

My sister recently made a darling magnet board out of one.
I have seen people paint them a variety of colors and hang them in their house.
I have seen them turned into picture frames.
I have seen them as a headboard to a bed.
& many more great ideas...

I had a "Ceiling Tile" that was gifted to me as a Bunko Gift & I didn't know what I wanted to do with it or where I wanted to hang it. I didn't want to leave it just a wall hanging.

One day I decided to try to turn it into a CLOCK, since that is what I do...

It worked!



I like the end result & have plans to start making more of these square, tin clocks in the future!

Happy Craftifying!!!

9 comments :

Andy Porter said...

Brilliant!! I love that idea. It looks awesome and I love the rest of your display as well!! I'm so glad you linked this project!! I'd love to try this!

somedaycrafts said...

That is seriously one of the most beautiful clock I have ever seen. I LOVE IT! I will feature this at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com later today. THANKS for the idea. I have been wanting to make a clock for my living room and this just might be the kicker!!!

Leanne said...

It turned out beautiful! What a great idea. I have a thing for clocks. You should check out my post on 8-11-2009 and see. Look at the last 2 pictures. They're amazing! Thanks for sharing that great idea with us.

Kara@ Creations by Kara said...

Wow, that turned out just gorgeous! Such a brilliant idea!

~LiSsA~ said...

LOVE IT! This is going to be my next project.

JobandBrittany said...

ohhhh!! i love clocks and this one is fabulous!!

stop by my Goodwill party every Wednesday!

The DIY Show Off said...

Awesome! Great job!

Nice to "meet" you!

Roeshel

Positively Creative! said...

I just came across your blog and have to say...SOOO cute!! I absolutely love love LOVE when I find creative blogs, I'll be back soon!

Kris said...

I love that clock! Great idea!