Monday, September 14, 2009

Ceiling Tile Clock

I'm participating in Creative Cats Tuesday at Poppies at Play!



I LOVE seeing what people can do with the popular " vintage ceiling tiles"...

My sister recently made a darling magnet board out of one.
I have seen people paint them a variety of colors and hang them in their house.
I have seen them turned into picture frames.
I have seen them as a headboard to a bed.
& many more great ideas...

I had a "Ceiling Tile" that was gifted to me as a Bunko Gift & I didn't know what I wanted to do with it or where I wanted to hang it. I didn't want to leave it just a wall hanging.

One day I decided to try to turn it into a CLOCK, since that is what I do...

It worked!



I like the end result & have plans to start making more of these square, tin clocks in the future!

Happy Craftifying!!!

9 comments :

Andy Porter said...

Brilliant!! I love that idea. It looks awesome and I love the rest of your display as well!! I'm so glad you linked this project!! I'd love to try this!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

That is seriously one of the most beautiful clock I have ever seen. I LOVE IT! I will feature this at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com later today. THANKS for the idea. I have been wanting to make a clock for my living room and this just might be the kicker!!!

Leanne said...

It turned out beautiful! What a great idea. I have a thing for clocks. You should check out my post on 8-11-2009 and see. Look at the last 2 pictures. They're amazing! Thanks for sharing that great idea with us.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that turned out just gorgeous! Such a brilliant idea!

Lissa said...

LOVE IT! This is going to be my next project.

Brittany said...

ohhhh!! i love clocks and this one is fabulous!!

stop by my Goodwill party every Wednesday!

Roeshel said...

Awesome! Great job!

Nice to "meet" you!

Roeshel

Positively Creative! said...

I just came across your blog and have to say...SOOO cute!! I absolutely love love LOVE when I find creative blogs, I'll be back soon!

Kris said...

I love that clock! Great idea!