Thursday, October 15, 2009

Brick to Beadboard

Wanna see a BEFORE & AFTER that will knock your socks off!?!
I can brag about this one...because well, I didn't do it.
My brother ROB did.
& I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

This is a view standing in our Living Room looking at the front door.
The house came with this UGLY brick planter when you walked in, with a brown, wood panelled bookshelf on one side. The wallpaper in the background, the brown door & the pebble tec entry way don't help either...


Our original plan was to knock it down & get rid of it...
BUT...that would have created an entirely new project of patching/texturing the wall...
&
then I was worried about the fact that there is a STEP down into the living room...so when you walk in our front door, I didn't want people tripping off the edge...
SO...I came up with the idea to hide it's ugliness with BEAD BOARD...
& I asked my brother for his expertise on turning our ugly brick planter into a beautiful entry table.

AND because he is incredible & so nice & so talented...he got to work
&
it turned out better than I even imagined!

I LOVE it!!!

I love it! I love it! I love it!

Did I mention that I LOVE IT!?!
THANK YOU ROB!!!!!!!!!!


Wanna see more of my brother's talent? Check out his Custom Framing Store on Main St. in Mesa...you WON'T be disappointed!



It is now home to some cute fall decor...

10 comments :

Andy Porter said...

Wow with a capital "W". That looks insanely good. What a great idea!!! I'm so glad you didn't tear it out and he did such a fabulous job!!! It makes me want to move in!! The decor is darling and what a great place for it now!! Congrats, that is so exciting!
~Andy

Andy Porter said...

I'm featuring this today as a favorite link from last weeks Creative Cats on Poppies at Play.

Craft Tea Lady said...

Truly amazing! Something to be VERY proud of!

Thanks for sharing!

www.xanga.com/crafttealady

girl meets carpenter said...

That's AMAZING!! Love the new white door too! Great job!!

Karen said...

Love it! Don't you wonder who came up with the "brick thing"? What a great solution and I really like your B-O-O too.

Shanna said...

I LOVE this and wish I had a house of my own I could do this to. Maybe someday! Thanks for the inspiration!

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

You would never even know that there's funk underneath. Well, YOU would know, but other people wouldn't know, unless you told them and then they would know....you know what I mean?

Beautiful.

undomestic mama said...

Who would have thought?!? It looks wonderful and kudos to you for coming up with the idea, I know I never would have!

hungeryjack said...

Nice post - brick wallpaper ..Keep Posting


Ron
brick wallpaper - 1024×768
FreeWallpapers

megitys said...

That shelf looks fantastic! It caught my eye and I was shocked to see that it was made to cover an ugly planter. It's a great idea and I'm thinking about making something similar in my "entryway".