Saturday, June 25, 2011

CANDY JARS


My family reunion is going on this weekend & sadly I am not there, because my due date is so soon...I didn't want to chance not being home when I went into labor!
It is held every 2 years & we always hold an auction up there, to raise money for the next reunion. 
I sent up a handful of auction items with my family, even though I wasn't going to be there. 

One of the things I did was make up some CANDY JARS...
I found a cute Candy Jar, filled it with Dum Dums & cut out a simple design on my cricut in red vinyl...
hoping to lure in a Grandma;)
Just a large jar(although you can't tell the size) that I put 4 bags of candy inside of, tied off with some red material & cut in vinyl "Something Sweet"...It didn't stand out enough the first time, so I recut it & added a white scalloped background & it looked much better. After the candy is gone, it would make a cute cookie jar on your counter...
And last, this was my smallest jar, but still good size. I added some SUGAR COOKIE DOUGH, included instructions & tied it off with a star cookie cutter. This would bee a cute THANK YOU or Visiting Teaching Gift idea...

4 comments :

Julie said...

We've been enjoying the candy out of our something sweet jar all day.

Kristine@thefoleyfam said...

Fun and they look so cute!!

Thanks for sharing!!

We host a linky party "Strut Your Stuff Sunday!" We would love for you to link up! We appreciate it!!

Kristine
www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

Kirsten @ Mushki Loves said...

How cute! My mom would love something like this! Thank you for such a great idea! Very cute blog! I am your newest follower and I would love you to follow back! Thanks! ~Kirsten

Brit said...

Thanks so much for lining this awesome idea up with us! We appreciate it, and hope to see more of you in the future!
Britney
www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com